Energy Northwest Planner I - Days in Richland, Washington
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Develop, revise, and maintain work orders to comply with plant licensing documents, regulatory commitments, technical specifications, preventive and equipment qualification requirements, and to maintain plant configuration. Provide technical guidance and work process support to maintenance craftsmen. Assist in design change packages and troubleshooting activities as appropriate. Identify materials and parts to support work activities.
Work independently to plan work order packages for implementation of preventive and corrective maintenance and to ensure safe and efficient operation of the plant. Planned work order packages are to meet approved procedure requirements, instructions, and guides in support of forced and refuel outage work as directed by Work Management. Includes, but not limited to:
• Provide technical expertise on systems and plant equipment for planning and writing of detailed work packages.
• Provide technical expertise to the craft and craft supervisor during task performance.
• Field investigations/walkdowns for problem identification.
• Prepare detailed packages to include historical data, plant impact, post maintenance testing, and proper written instruction.
• Prepare and update work packages to resolve condition reports and reported deficiencies or enhancements to ensure completion within established schedule parameters.
• Identification of parts and materials.
• Identification of special tools and equipment.
• Translate engineering change documents into the work package.
• Identification of appropriate supporting documentation such as procedures, weld Records, permits, etc.
• Monitor work order backlogs and prepare work packages based on established priorities and schedules.
Provide detailed planning instructions for assigned major maintenance activities. This would also include preparing or assisting in preparation of design change packages, as appropriate.
Incorporate feedback on work order package enhancements in a timely manner. Ensure work order packages meet industry and plant standards.
Prepare, resolve, and disposition Condition Reports (CRs), Action Requests (ARs), Requests for Technical Services i.e. Vendor contract initiation, and other documents as required.
• Must participate on the Emergency Response team (ERO) when designated.
• Must support the biennial refueling outage.
• Must provide support to the OCC and EOC.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university and a minimum of six years of experience in a technical area (i.e. maintenance, engineering, operations, Maintenance Planning).
An associate’s degree from an accredited college or university and eight years of experience in a technical area (i.e. maintenance, engineering, operations, maintenance planning).
A high school diploma or GED and technical training or education similar to that acquired through an in-grade apprenticeship program for maintenance related work and six years of experience in a technical area (i.e. maintenance, engineering, operations, maintenance planning).
A high school diploma or GED and ten years of experience in a technical area (i.e. maintenance, engineering, operations, maintenance planning).
Educational experience from an accredited college or university will be considered year for year in exchange for work experience in a technical area.
Salary: $94,148 - $141,222
Typically, selected candidates are hired between the minimum and midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience and qualifications, market rate, internal equity, and budgetary allowances.
Offers will be negotiated based on each candidate's qualifications.
This role is eligible to participate in our annual incentive plan. Incentives are earned based on employee performance against defined metrics and company goals.
Regular roles are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program which includes medical, dental and vision coverage. You may also contribute to our 401(k) plan that includes a company match.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate due to race, color, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
EEO is the law, click here to learn more (http://www.energy-northwest.com/whoweare/joinourteam/Documents/EEO%20is%20the%20Law%20poster.pdf) .
As a regional leader in clean energy generation and public power solutions, Energy Northwest develops, owns and operates a diverse mix of electricity generating resources, including hydro, solar, battery storage and wind projects – and the Northwest’s only nuclear power facility. Energy Northwest is a Washington state joint operating agency comprised of 27 public power member utilities, serving more than 1.5 million customers. The agency continually explores new generation projects and solutions to meet its members’ needs.